Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, with 18 chapters and 6 affiliated areas, which links professionals from every facet of the hospitality industry and related fields. The NEWH By-laws state one of the objectives of NEWH is to promote scholarship, education and interest in the Hospitality Industry. To date, NEWH has given $3,00,000.00+ USD in scholarships to young people wishing to pursue careers in the hospitality industry.
The NEWH Icons of Industry Scholarship Award will be based upon the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled student attending an accredited college
- Completion of one half of the requirements for a degree in the program which you are currently enrolled (Junior/Senior level in a undergraduate program or working on a graduate level degree)
- Must show financial need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books or supplies at time of scholarship award
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must have a career objective in the hospitality field with an emphasis towards interior or textile design
- Must have participated in an internship program or similar position
An eligible school is defined as one that is fully accredited and will hold the scholarship moneys in trust for the student to draw down upon on an “as needed” basis without any service charges.
Opens in May with deadline to apply in mid-September. Winner $5,000 scholarship award given at Gold Key Ceremony in New York in November. Honorable mention $3,5000 scholarship award given at HD Expo in Las Vegas the following May. Student travel and lodging paid by NEWH, Inc. winning student must attend award event and have eligible debt at time of award.
Applications must be received by September 15th, 2014
Click here for a Flyer to post at school