2019 NEWH LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
JW Marriott Marquis
February 7-9, 2019
The 2019 Leadership Conference begins Thursday, with a product showcase featuring the newest product innovations and services being introduced on the show floor. Friday and Saturday will focus on strategies to move your business into the future. Leading professionals and industry icons will deliver impactful sessions and participate in interactive events that will expand your knowledge and network!
Investors and forecasters agree: the future for the hospitality industry is bright. An industry this big, calls for big thinking, and even bigger results. As part of our long-standing commitment to education, NEWH is proud to present the 2019 Leadership Conference, a bi-annual three-day event dedicated to providing you with the tools, insights, and resources you need to take your company and career to the next level.
See our brief summary of events below:
Thursday, February 7th
|8:00 am-1:00 pm||NEWH, Inc. Board of Directors Meeting|
|12:00-6:00 pm||NEWH Product Showcase|
|3:00-4:00 pm||Students Mix & Mingle|
|6:00-8:00 pm||Opening Reception|
||Presidents Dinner (invitation only event)|
Friday, February 8th
|6:45-7:45 am||Early Riser Activities
|8:45 am||Welcome & Keynote
|8:45-9:45 am||KEYNOTE: David & Jonah Stillman During this dynamic keynote, father and son David and Jonah Stillman will introduce Gen Z and share their insights about navigating generational divides in the workplace and beyond. (Grand Ballroom)
|9:45-10:30 am||STATE OF OUR INDUSTRY: An industry health check: Where are we headed, and what do the finance and development pipelines for leading hospitality brands and operators look like? (Grand Ballroom)
|10:45-11:30 am||Break Outs
– NEWH BrandED with Marriott Hotels & Resorts: Take a deep dive with Marriott leaders into the company’s brand strategy, and plans for the future. (Junior Ballroom)
– NAVIGATING INNOVATIONS: Find out which guestroom technologies are going mainstream, and how they will affect design and hoteliers’ bottom lines. (Plaza 4/5)
– MODULAR HOTEL CONSTRUCTION: Hear from an owner, general contractor, and manufacturer about modular construction and why owners are opting for the approach. (Plaza 6)
|11:45-12:00 pm||Break / Live Podcasts and Interviews|
|12:00-1:45 pm||SCHOLARS & AWARDS LUNCHEON:
xxNEWH Scholarship Presentation
xxNEWH Award of Excellence
xxNEWH Fellows Induction
xxPanel Discussion with Students
xxDrawing for Lodging Conference Passes
|2:00-2:40 pm||Break Outs
– HOSPITALITY ON THE HIGH SEAS: Explore the world of design and supply for cruise ships—both new builds and renovations.
– GLOBAL DESIGN: A Case Study From design concept to branding, Streetsense offers an in-depth case study of a recent restaurant project.
– GROWING BRANDS & LIFESTYLE HOTELS
|2:50-3:30 pm||Break Outs
– ROUGH SEAS OR SMOOTH SAILING? Partnerships – Design & Procurement Candid conversations between an owner, owners’ representative, project manager, designer, and purchaser will help you navigate these vital project relationships.
– Q&A SESSION WITH DAVID AND JONAH STILLMAN Keep the generational dialogue going following David and Jonah Stillman’s keynote address during this interactive Q&A.
– SMART-SPEC INTERIORS – Guestroom Casegoods This specification writing class, presented by Boutique Design in partnership with NEWH, gets granular with in-depth methods for writing clear, supplier-ready specs.
|3:45-5:15 pm||HOSPITALITY DESIGN/NEWH OWNERS’ ROUNDTABLE Take the opportunity to connect one-on-one with some of the most influential leaders in hospitality in a rotating roundtable format format.
|3:45-5:15 pm||Break Outs
– STRATEGIC THINKING: Strategic planning begins with strategic thinking. This session, led by Trudy Craven of TWC Consulting, will help provide a strong foundation to planning objectives and establishing actionable goals to move your organization forward.
– Certification Overview: WELL:
|5:30-6:30 pm||VIP COCKTAIL RECEPTION|
|6:30-8:00 pm||OPEN COCKTAIL RECEPTION (for all registered attendees)|
|Your Night to Explore! Reference South Florida Concierge Recommendations|
Saturday, February 9th
|7:00 – 8:00 am||Early Riser Activities
|8:00 – 9:00 am||Breakfast
|9:00 am||Welcome & Special Announcements
|9:00-10:00 am||Keynote: STORYTELLING FOR IMPACT There is nothing more impactful than a story well told, award winning filmmaker Nirvan Mullick will share why and how.
|10:00-11:00 am||NEWH TOP ID: Project Studies Top ID winners will share some of their most exciting recent projects in a mini case-study format.
|11:15 am-12:00 pm||Break Outs
– NEWH BrandED: Intercontinental Hotels Group
– NEWH BrandED: The Marriott Brands
– GROWING THE BRAND & EMERGING TRENDS Executive with various brands to talk design, guest expectations, and what makes their brands unique.
|12:30-1:45 pm||CULINARY INFLUENCES IN HOSPITALITY This luncheon will explore the latest in restaurant design with a well-known chef and designer
|SATURDAY BREAK OUTS & ADVENTURES|
|2:00-3:30 PM||TEAMS AND COMMUNICATIONS: High performance teams and a strong set of communication capabilities are two fundamental business assets
|2:00 – 5:00 pm||MILLIONAIRE’S ROW CRUISE: Fully-narrated bilingual sightseeing cruise along scenic Biscayne Bay. See Miami’s spectacular coastal sites including the beautiful downtown Miami skyline, the Port of Miami, Fisher Island, Miami Beach and “Millionaire’s Row” – the homes of the rich and famous. 90 minutes|
|LITTLE HAVANA FOOD & CULTURAL TOUR: Taste authentic Cuban cuisine and listen to the stories behind those doing the cooking. Learn about spiritual beliefs the community practices including Santeria. Visit a cigar factory, explore Domino Park and The Cuba Ocho Art Museum. 1.5 hours includes 3 food stops|
|THRILLER SPEEDBOAT RIDE: The Thriller SuperCat 55 will cruise at speeds up to 55mph through and past Biscayne Bay, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Fisher Island and the Miami Beach’s coastline. This is the only tour to include ocean views of Miami Beach. 45 minutes
|SOUTH BEACH FOOD & ART DECO TOUR: Enjoy delicious cuisine at a diverse range of establishments; from 5-star gourmet to hole in the wall delicious ethnic eateries. Stroll through Ocean Drive, Collins and Washington to learn about art deco history, architecture and famous movie locations. 1.5 hours includes 3 food stops
|6:30-9:30 pm||BON VOYAGE SOIREE – click here for details!
|Official photographer of NEWH Leadership Conference and Product Showcase|
|aaaaaaaa||John Stillman Photography
PO Box 961
Dania Beach, Fl 33004
Facebook- John Stillman Photography