As part of our longstanding commitment to education, NEWH is proud to present the 2021 Leadership Conference in Seattle! Mark your calendars for February 11 – 13, 2021.
venue and date to be announced
Lodging magazine reports that hotel revenues and profits will continue to grow in the U.S. through 2020 but a slowdown is expected in 2021, leading to a softening in the lodging industry that year. Though the decline is projected to be relatively brief, CBRE Hotels Americas Research forecasts a decrease in RevPAR of 0.6 percent, following increases of 2.5 and 2 percent in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
CBRE predicts a quick rebound and 1.4 percent RevPAR growth in 2022—but it is vital for hospitality professionals to understand how best to prepare for both the increases and declines of a travel and lodging industry that is naturally linked to the U.S. economy’s overall performance. The 2021 NEWH Leadership Conference aims to provide hospitality professionals with the tools to navigate—and thrive—in the industry. This biannual, thre-day event is dedicated to providing the tools, insights, connections, and resources your need to take your company and career to the next level.
The 2021 Leadership Conference begins with a Product Showcase featuring a show floor packed with the newest products and services. Days two and three will focus on information and strategies to break boundaries and move your business into the future. Leading professionals and industry icons will deliver impactful sessions, and you will have the opportunity to participate in interactive events designed to expand your knowledge and your network!
See our 2019 summary of events below:
Thursday, February 7th
|8:00 am-1:00 pm||NEWH, Inc. Board of Directors Meeting|
|12:00-6:00 pm||NEWH Product Showcase|
|3:00-4:00 pm||Students Mix & Mingle|
|6:00-8:00 pm||Opening Reception|
||Presidents Dinner (Invitation only event)|
Friday, February 8th
|8:30 am||WELCOME Don’t miss this welcome! NEWH will present the IHG BrandED Scholarship, Marriott International BrandED Scholarship and debut our new NEWH Scholarship Video
|8:30-9:45 am||KEYNOTE: Make Way for Gen Z David & Jonah Stillman During this dynamic keynote, father and son David and Jonah Stillman will introduce Gen Z and share their insights about navigating generational divides in the workplace and beyond.
|9:45-10:30 am||STATE OF OUR INDUSTRY An industry health check: Where are we headed, and what do the finance and development pipelines for leading hospitality brands and operators look like?
|10:30-10:45 am||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|10:45-11:30 am||Break Outs
– NEWH BrandED: Tribute Portfolio by Marriott International In a condensed version of NEWH’s educational program, Marriott leaders provide insight into the company’s brands and brand strategy, and what they have planned for the future.
– NAVIGATING INNOVATIONS IN HOSPITALITY Find out which technologies are going mainstream, and how they will affect design and hotel development.
– MODULAR CONSTRUCTION CASE STUDY: Not your ordinary modular construction Hear from an owner, general contractor, and manufacturer about this unique modular construction method and why more owners are adapting to modular.
|11:30-12:00 pm||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|12:00-1:45 pm||SCHOLARS & AWARDS LUNCHEON: Join us in celebrating during our presentation of the Pinnacle Award, the College of Fellows induction ceremony & our NEWH Leadership Scholarship award followed by a student panel discussion as they share how they will “Chart the Course” for their future.
|1:45-2:00 pm||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|2:00-2:40 pm||Break Outs
– HOSPITALITY ON THE HIGH SEAS Explore the world of design and supply for cruise ships—both new builds and renovations.
– BURLOCK COAST: A Restaurant Design Case Study by Streetsense From design concept to branding, Streetsense offers an in-depth case study of a recent restaurant project.
– GROWING BRANDS & LIFESTYLE HOTELS Lifestyle hotels are both unique in their character and very distinctive. Brand owners will discuss their unique designs and plans for expansion.
|2:45-3:30 pm||Break Outs
– PROCUREMENT PARTNERSHIPS: Smooth Sailing or Rough Seas? Partnerships – Design & Procurement Candid conversations between an owner, owners’ representative, project manager, designer, and purchaser will help you navigate these vital project relationships.
– DAVID AND JONAH STILLMAN: What’s Next Keep the generational dialogue going following David and Jonah Stillman’s keynote address during this interactive Q&A.
– SMART-SPEC INTERIORS: Guestroom Casegoods This specification writing class, presented by Boutique Design in partnership with NEWH, gets granular with in-depth methods for writing clear, supplier-ready specs.
|3:30-3:45 pm||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|3:45-5:15 pm||HOSPITALITY DESIGN/NEWH OWNERS’ ROUNDTABLE Take the opportunity to connect one-on-one with some of the most influential leaders in hospitality in a rotating roundtable format format. Ticket purchase required
|3:45-5:15 pm||Break Outs
– STRATEGIC THINKING Strategic planning begins with strategic thinking. This session will help provide a strong foundation to planning objectives and establishing actionable goals to move your organization forward.
– WHAT THE HEALTH? How the Built Environment Impacts Occupant Health and Well being: Explore how design, operations and behaviors within the places where we live, sleep, work, learn and play can be optimized to advance human health and well-being.
|5:30-6:30 pm||VIP COCKTAIL RECEPTION|
|6:30-8:00 pm||OPEN COCKTAIL RECEPTION (for all registered attendees)|
|Your Night to Explore! Reference South Florida Concierge Recommendations|
Saturday, February 9th
|8:00 – 9:00 am||Breakfast
|9:00-10:00 am||Welcome & Keynote
|KEYNOTE: The Power of Storytelling There is nothing more impactful than a story well told, award winning filmmaker Nirvan Mullick (Interconnected Media, Inc.) will share why and how.
Drawing for Lodging Conference Passes
|10:00-11:00 am||NEWH TOP ID: Behind the Design Top ID winners will share some of their most exciting recent projects in a mini case-study format.
|11:00-11:15 am||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|11:15 -12:00 pm||Break Outs
– NEWH BrandED: Indigo by IHG: Take a deep dive with IHG leaders into the company’s brand strategy and plans for the future.
– NEWH BrandED: Sheraton by Marriott International Take a deep dive with Marriott leaders into the company’s brand strategy, and plans for the future.
|12:00-12:30 pm||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
|12:30-1:45 pm||TASTE OF DESIGN: The Culinary Experience Through the Visual Sense This luncheon session will explore the exceptional in restaurant, bar, franchise, and club design.
|1:45-2:00 pm||Break / Live Interviews with Glenn Haussman|
||TEAMS AND COMMUNICATIONS Learn how high performance teams and a strong set of communication capabilities are two fundamental business assets.
|2:00 – 5:00 pm||MILLIONAIRE’S ROW CRUISE: Fully-narrated bilingual sightseeing cruise along scenic Biscayne Bay. See Miami’s spectacular coastal sites including the beautiful downtown Miami skyline, the Port of Miami, Fisher Island, Miami Beach and “Millionaire’s Row” – the homes of the rich and famous. 90 minutes. Ticket purchase required
|LITTLE HAVANA FOOD & CULTURAL TOUR: Taste authentic Cuban cuisine and listen to the stories behind those doing the cooking. Learn about spiritual beliefs the community practices including Santeria. Visit a cigar factory, explore Domino Park and The Cuba Ocho Art Museum. 1.5 hours includes 3 food stops. Ticket purchase required
|THRILLER SPEEDBOAT RIDE: The Thriller SuperCat 55 will cruise at speeds up to 55mph through and past Biscayne Bay, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Fisher Island and the Miami Beach’s coastline. This is the only tour to include ocean views of Miami Beach. 45 minutes. Ticket purchase required
|SOUTH BEACH FOOD & ART DECO TOUR: Enjoy delicious cuisine at a diverse range of establishments; from 5-star gourmet to hole in the wall delicious ethnic eateries. Stroll through Ocean Drive, Collins and Washington to learn about art deco history, architecture and famous movie locations. 1.5 hours includes 3 food stops. Ticket purchase required
|6:30-9:30 pm||BON VOYAGE SOIREE – click here for details!
|Official photographer of NEWH Leadership Conference and Product Showcase|
|aaaaaaaa||John Stillman Photography
PO Box 961
Dania Beach, Fl 33004
Facebook- John Stillman Photography