A member who is elected or appointed to one of these positions acquires a second set of rights and responsibilities, in addition to those which are theirs as a general member.
It is the right of NEWH, Inc. Leaders to:
- Receive adequate and competent direction and support from other leaders of the organization;
- Have the support and cooperation of the membership of the organization;
- Depend on the membership to accord them the courtesies of meeting protocol and group etiquette; and
- Expect support of the industry when organization sponsored events serve industry interests.
As an NEWH, Inc. Leader it is their responsibility to:
- Know the duties of the position to which they were elected or appointed;
- Review the tenets and objectives of the organization;
- Review the NEWH, Inc. By-Laws and Board Handbook for policies of the organization and the position to which they were elected or appointed;
- Act with the care that a reasonably prudent person in a similar position would use to perform their duties under similar circumstances, and must perform their duties in good faith and in a manner they reasonably believe to be in the best interest of NEWH, INC.;
- Use disciplined judgment in making fiscal decisions;
- Refrain from engaging in personal activities which would injure or take advantage of NEWH, INC.;
- Not use their position of trust and confidence to further their private interests;
- Study and practice good leadership skills and techniques;
- Serve all members, not just a selected few; and
- Bring genuine interest, enthusiasm and sufficient time to their duties to discharge their responsibly.
They Will Not
- Realize secret profits or unfair gain through personal transactions with or on behalf of the NEWH, INC.;
- Compete with NEWH, INC. to its detriment;
- Usurp an opportunity of NEWH, INC.;
- Realize personal gain from use of material, non-public information; and
- Will avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.