MDC Interior Solutions – Dallas, TX
MDC Interior Solutions is a leading wallcovering and design solutions company headquartered in Glendale Heights, IL. It is one of the largest sources for commercial products and finishes in our industry. Today, a proven leader in commercial design, the company provides a broad array of products that have contributed to the company’s success over the last 50 years.
MDC’s portfolio includes Type II wallcoverings, a digital graphics studio, robust acoustical offerings, hand-crafted and specialty wall designs, and dry-erase coatings to name a few. Known for its ability to produce solutions that meet customers’ needs, MDC has earned a reputation for innovative products, value and service. The company’s product portfolio and knowledgeable sales team position MDC as the “Single Source, Total Solution” within the commercial design industry.
MDC has more than 65 outside sales representatives, as well as additional sales support, reporting to four regional offices. The company’s sales efforts extend further through a worldwide distribution network. A staff of approximately 70 associates are in MDC’s corporate headquarters.
Account Executive – Dallas, TX Team
Candidate to be Brand Ambassador for the full range of MDC products through presentation- both in-person and virtual, when appropriate. Account Executive to guide the specification process from start to finish by servicing A&D firms, general and sub-contractors, office furniture dealers, strategic accounts, and end users.
Be part of the Team that covers assigned accounts in Dallas, TX, Metroplex and the surrounding area. Territory also includes Tulsa, OK and the surrounding area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned accounts, while working to increase the account base through prospecting, networking, and following up on leads generated by our website and internal teams.
- Facilitates entire sales cycle from prospecting, face to face meetings, presentations, product specification assistance and project quotes. Stays engaged with the customer through purchasing, delivery and installation of goods as needed.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on architects, designers, subcontractors, furniture dealers, and end users.
- Gives frequent product presentations; both in-person and virtual as required. Utilizes sales and marketing tools provided to engage the specifier/customer in the full MDC product offering.
- Works to build relationships with internal teams at the corporate office and fellow account executives nationwide.
- Keeps account and projects lists up to date and submits expenses on a timely basis.
- Investigates and helps to resolve customer complaints and provides installation guidance when necessary.
- Has a general knowledge of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, product specifications and bid documents to identify opportunities and assist in bidding the full range of MDC offerings specified on a given project.
- Actively engages with the local design community and industry organizations. Attends industry functions including IIDA, NEWH, AIA any other relevant trade shows, organizations, and events.
- Occasional overnight travel is required to service Tulsa, OK and surrounding areas like Bentonville, AR, and for sales meetings and training as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Possess superb organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Proven collaboration skills with the desire to work as part of a great team.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred, Associates degree and experience in similar sales environment considered.
4+ years of previous sales experience in the commercial design environment (or a combination of relevant design and sales experience) with a high degree of customer and specifier focus. Ability to build new and existing relationships. Candidate to have a solid understanding of design and possesses the drive and motivation to outperforming the competition while raising the awareness of MDC products. Business Acumen skills. High degree of integrity.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry publications, technical specifications, and plans. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and margins.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word processing; spreadsheets, Keynote/PowerPoint, and be comfortable using an i-pad for presentations and correspondence. Proficiency in Zoom and other virtual platforms, along with a strong understanding of social media on platforms such as Instagram and LinkedIn.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The work environment changes from day to day based on the client calls- can include a job site, office setting. The position is based in a home office, rather than a corporate setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to drive, stand; walk; sit; talk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and hear.
EOE M/F/ Disability/ Veteran Employer
Want more information about MCD? Check us out at www.mdcwall.com
Interested candidates, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company Name:||MDC Interior Solutions|
|Job Title:||Account Executive|
|Must Manage Others:||No|