Rice Fergus Miller – Bremerton, WA
Title: Architectural Designer – Housing & Hospitality
Rice Fergus Miller is seeking an Architecture-focused Designer with a passion for Housing and Hospitality projects to join our team. Our Housing team works on a wide array of housing project types within this market including senior living, affordable and low income, and transitional and market rate housing. Experience in Five-over-One and wood frame construction is a plus, as the scale of our projects fall into this category in many instances. Our Hospitality market focuses on boutique hotel experiences and tribal gaming and resort projects. Experience in, or an interest in developing a resume in hotel, conference, casino, food & beverage, retail and spa/aquatic is desired. For over 35, RFM has committed its practice to performing meaningful projects – ones that build and strengthen community. We thrive on creative collaborations on our projects and pride ourselves on the many long-term relationships we hold with our clients. Our team is talented, passionate, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. We support each other and provide a flexible, collaborative working environment for all.
- Lead the development of design language, vision. and concept for projects
- Work within budgets provided to design architectural solutions for both new construction and renovation projects
- Execute the details of design through all phases of the project
- Possess a strong understanding of building and zoning codes as it pertains to planning and development of projects
- Effectively partner with jurisdictional staff, project teams and clients
- Support in communication and coordination of consultant activities and deliverables
- Work through all phases of project delivery from programming, concept development and production of work, through construction administration and project close out
- Ability to effectively partner and collaborate with RFM’s Interior Design team
- Participate in business development efforts to win work in housing and hospitality, which includes but is not limited to Statements of Qualification and design and interview competitions
- Build positive relationships with staff, peers, and senior leadership to support the mission, vision, values, and performance standards of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Architecture license in progress, licensed a plus
- 5-10 years of professional experience, housing and/or hospitality experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including honest, direct and constructive communication with team members, clients and consultants
- Familiarity with spec writing, SpecLink software experience a plus
- Revit proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Lumion, Enscape, Rhino & Grasshopper experience, a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Our firm is located in a LEED Platinum, re-imagined warehouse, a block from the waterfront in Bremerton, west of Seattle. We take our work and sustainability seriously, while valuing a balanced home/work life – as demonstrated by our B Corp certification and being named as one of Washington’s Best Places to Work.
Rice Fergus Miller offers competitive salaries, flexible hours, a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and matching program, paid time off, and a host of other benefits. We are fully committed to supporting our employees who wish to work remotely. Applicants must reside in Washington, Oregon, Montana, or Idaho, or be willing to relocate.
Rice Fergus Miller provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, submit your portfolio and resume along with a cover letter through our website at www.rfmarch.com/jobs.
|Company Name:||Rice Fergus Miller|
|Website:||apply online at www.rfmarch.com/jobs|
|Job Title:||Architectural Designer – Housing & Hospitality|
|Must Manage Others:||No|