PALECEK – San Francisco, CA
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: President of Sales and Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty, and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Palecek, a leading furniture manufacturer is looking for a Director of Customer Experience in an office / manufacturing environment. The position requires an experienced, hands on leader who is passionate about customer engagement, superior service, innovation, and coaching teams to excellence. This new role will engage with customers and sales representatives to understand their needs, drive improved success outcomes, define and implement best practices, establish key metrics for service and quality assurance, recruit and train high performers, and collaborate with sales, marketing, and operations to yield improved efficiencies and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for the Customer Service, Claims, Order Entry, Receptionist, and Mail Room departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, inspire, train, and manage Customer Service, Order Entry, Receptionist, and Mailroom to achieve exceptional results and create a consistent, positive, and professional customer experience.
- Daily participation in customer service to engage with customers and understand operational processes.
- Create onboarding system to ensure quality and consistency of team members.
- Develop & implement standardized training programs and procedures that provide consistent superior service, seamless order flow, and strong customer relationships.
- Establish service standards for every aspect of the customer journey to include onboarding, product information and services, order information, lead times, installation dates, product substitutions, returns, claims, and order changes.
- Lead culture shift to a proactive, growth mindset, service oriented team.
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Analyze results and recommend improvements as needed to achieve goals.
- Ensure teams are highly proficient in use of sales tools.
- AS400, Orderhelper, eCat, OMS, Website, etc.
- Work directly with operations, shipping and sales to ensure timely resolution of customer issues and delivery of substitution product, as necessary. Create a customer centric experience.
- Define key service and performance metrics and establish a cadence to review metrics with team and management.
- Foster collaboration with sales, marketing, and operations to ensure seamless experience.
- Seek customer feedback and collect information to improve customer experience. Present findings to management. Propose, gain consensus, and execute strategies to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of Customer Service management experience driving results. Proven history of identifying and implementing best practices across a broad range of skills pertinent to customer service, order processing, and fulfillment. Excellent communication skills and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required. Manufacturing environment experience and proficiency in AS400 a plus.
Interested candidates, please reply to: DavidB@palecek.com
|Job Title:||Director of Customer Experience|
|Must Manage Others:||No|