BERMANFALK – Langley, BC
TITLE: Furniture AutoCAD Technician
REPORTS TO: Manager, Technical and Manager, Product Design
BERMANFALK Hospitality Group is a “design driven” manufacturer of custom casegoods and seating for the hospitality industry. At BERMANFALK we are passionate about design and bringing our client’s visions to life. We are looking to add like-minded professionals to our team who are inspired to contribute to a fast-paced company and who excel with management of details and customer service. www.bermanfalk.com
The BERMANFALK Technical team is growing, and we are looking for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic Furniture AutoCAD Technician to join our team on a full-time basis. If you happen to bring woodwork / millwork experience and are excited about new ways to revolutionize the hospitality industry, we want to speak with you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating line drawings for various furniture and seating items for high-end hospitality properties, as well as, reviewing current projects to ensure all aspects of drawing development have been covered.
You’ll work closely with key members of the Technical and Manufacturing team to ensure furniture products for each project works with existing site conditions in line with interior design intent, as well as drawn and built in accordance with BERMANFALK construction standards.
- Convert design specifications into full line drawings that meet construction and manufacturing standards
- Provide clean drawings with accurate construction details
- Provide 3D furniture models and color renderings
- Review existing site conditions to ensure all furniture pieces will fit as designed (this includes reviewing floor plans, elevations, elevator dimensions, and more)
- Work in close partnership with Technical Team, Project Managers and Manufacturing Team throughout drawing development
- Collaborate with Interior Designers, General Contractors, and additional project stakeholders to ensure drawings are reviewed and approved
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Review drawings for all active projects to ensure the manufacturing team has all the information they require
- Participate in occasional evening meetings with overseas Manufacturing team
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / Degree in AutoCAD Drafting and Design, Furniture Design, Interior Design or related field from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of AutoCAD design experience
- 2+ years experience in woodworking, millwork or furniture design and / or in hospitality furniture and manufacturing an added asset
- Experience using AutoCAD for 2D line drawing and Fusion 360 for 3D rendering
- Organized, highly collaborative and able to keep up with project deadlines
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems with creative solutions
- Must be able to read and speak English fluently
- Ability to speak Mandarin / Vietnamese an asset
- Experience in Project Management an asset
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Flexible working environment – hybrid / remote work option
- Beautiful office space in Langley with full kitchen
- Office social events and fun team-bonding activities
- Pet-friendly office environment
Our business is guided by honesty and integrity. We offer competitive wages and a progressive, collaborative and creative work environment. While we laugh a great deal, we have high expectations of each other, and top-level performance is essential.
BERMANFALK Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Kindly submit Cover Letter with your application to email@example.com
While we thank all for their interest, please be advised that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Job Title:||Furniture AutoCAD Technician|
|Must Manage Others:||No|