IIG – INTERIOR IMAGE GROUP – Florida and Indiana Locations
POSITION: Interior Designer II
REPORTS TO: Design Manager
INDIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Principal
IIG is an award-winning interior design firm with two office locations – Indiana and Florida. Founded in 2004, IIG masterfully choreographs projects from inception through completion for highly recognized hotel projects, both branded and boutique. IIG draws inspiration from local history, demographics, and industry, allowing the project’s story to naturally unfold into a narrative. These parameters contribute to an organic and fluid design process. Along with design, the firm also offers purchasing and branding services.
IIG COMPANY CORE VALUES:
IIG’s company core values are centered on creativity and supported by accountability, integrity, and professionalism.
Interior Designer II is responsible for the development, implementation and creation of project design concepts for small to mid-size projects. The Interior Designer II is also an integral member of a large size project by providing additional design support to the senior team members as required.
- Manages and teams up on assigned projects from conceptual design through construction administration with minimal supervision.
- Renders design ideas in form of pin-ups, drawings, or illustrations and presents design to Design Manager / Senior Interior Designer for review.
- Selects interior finishes and furnishings appropriate to project budget.
- Assembles interior finish boards and presentation materials using InDesign.
- Completes finish schedules.
- Communicates with manufacturer representatives to research material selection costs and specification information.
- Creates project budgets in Spexx software program / Excel.
- Writes FF&E and finish specifications using Spexx. Assemble project spec binders.
- Prepares front end documents for Brand submittals, issues documents following brand process and coordinates submittal responses as needed.
- Review PO’s, RFI’s and order acknowledgments.
- Participates in onsite field measures as needed.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships.
- Maintains day-to-day correspondence with internal and external sources.
- Collaborates with senior team members to coordinate communication, including meeting minutes, email documentation and transmittals.
- Assures design conforms to contractual agreement with client and any sub-consultants.
- Understands and implements processes to reduce risks and exposure. Also, advances processes and tools used by the firm.
- Meets IIG’s goals for project profitability, risk management and enhancement of the firm’s design reputation.
- Correspond and coordinate with consultants including lighting, operation and technical, and VE (value-engineering) process.
- Effectively utilizes time tracking software, meets target utilization rates and understands project profitability.
- Travel may be required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design with a minimum 2 years of hospitality design experience.
- NCIDQ (in progress) desirable
- LEED-AP (in progress) desirable
- Computer programs:
- AutoCAD, 2 years’ experience, intermediate proficiency
- Adobe Photoshop, 2 years’ experience, intermediate proficiency
- Adobe InDesign, intermediate proficiency
- Google Sketch-up, intermediate proficiency
- Microsoft Office, intermediate proficiency
- Spexx (desirable)
- Hospitality / Interior Design skills:
- Sketching skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in small / large group setting and/or via virtual conference calls.
- Finely tuned and tasteful eye for color, texture and pattern.
- Able to research, prepare and present color and material concepts in a tasteful and unique format along with space plans, elevations and details.
- Knowledge of contract hospitality sourcing.
- Technical knowledge for creating specifications and installation coordination of FF& E furnishings, decorative lighting, and other related interior design contract documents.
- Knowledge of hotel standards, fire codes and ADA accessibility requirements for interiors.
- Models a highly organized approach to the design process resulting in on time, on budget deliverables.
- Project Management skills:
- Client management skills.
- Experience with interiors to ensure professional and timely delivery of interior FF&E schedules, budgets and interior construction documents for multiple interior design projects.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals.
- Leadership ability.
Interested candidates, please reply to: email@example.com
|State:||FL and IN|
|Job Title:||Interior Designer II|
|Must Manage Others:||No|