Thiel & Thiel Inc. – Southlake, TX
Our team is made up of 35 incredible “Thielmates” and we’re growing! We’re a tight-knit group, and once you are in, you’re family! If you enjoy autonomy, details, are self-motivated, and thrive in a fast paced environment where results are valued more than the process you followed to get there, we could be the work-family you’ve always dreamed of belonging to.
Our team specializes in award-winning hospitality and multi-family amenity spaces with an emphasis on interiors. You will work with a group of highly talented professionals who produce amazing work and have a ton of fun doing it. We are looking for a take-charge individual, a self-starter who takes initiative, and flourishes in a team environment. If you thrive in a progressive, flexible, ever-changing (for the better) environment and are looking for a company in which you can really contribute, please apply!
Hybrid work environment, but must live in Texas.
- 5+ years of experience (post graduation) in interior architectural design, documentation, detailing, and coordination.
- Experience in multi-family and hospitality a plus. Workplace, retail, and medical office experience translate well.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Bachelor of Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited program.
The Interior Designer’s primary responsibility is to make our Client’s dreams become a reality. Through creative and thoughtful conceptual design, with an eye toward budget, our Interior Designers are the Client’s #1 advocate.
The Interior Designer is a design expert, a great listener, and guides the Client toward responsible and forward-thinking selections appropriate for project use and longevity. They translate concepts into drawings that get the Client excited about the vision to create ultimate buy in. An integral part of the Development Team, they passionately focus on providing thorough, detailed design concepts and deliverables for use by their teammates, consultants, and contractors.
An installation enthusiast, the Interior Designer leads a smooth install process before, during and post-install, and creates a finished product that keeps our Clients coming back to T&T.
Accountabilities + Responsibilities
Development Team Design Visionary
- Produce deliverables for all project phases including, but not limited to, concept plans, space plans, schematic design package, design development package, construction documents, submittal reviews, and revisions. Strong ability to manage multiple projects in multiple phases.
- Lead/attend Client meetings and Client presentations, programming sessions, field verification, and collect Client’s objectives/information. A confident speaker, he/she excites client and sells their vision.
- Translate Client’s vision into cohesive, aspirational, attainable designs within budget and client’s timeline.
- Display proactive problem solving for projects and clients. Promptly initiate conversations with team and Studio Lead to proactively resolve problems.
- Knowledgeable about construction means and methods, the Interior Designer translates conceptual designs into buildable documents, using CAD, REVIT, or 3D imaging software.
- Has intimate knowledge of vendors and sources, understands how to create an FF&E budget, and has ability to shepherd custom specifications from start to finish.
- Strong collaboration skills internally and externally with subconsultants, vendors, reps, etc.
- Thrive on keeping project in budget and makes appropriate substitutions when needed for value engineering efforts. Interprets Client’s budgetary limitations and compare/contrast with design intent.
- Protect project profitability through effective time management and avoid “scope creep”.
- Lead internal and external install team, ensuring a smooth process, and achieving excellence with the finished product.
- Assist team with managing the overall scope, budget, and schedule for the project.
- Foster open communication with Purchasing Agent to coordinate project timelines, purchasing deadlines, and meeting specification deadlines, to meet install dates. Ensure PA is kept up to date with project delays and timeline changes that may impact installation dates.
- Provide regular and consistent project updates to clients within T&T’s weekly check-in process.
- Coordinate with structural, architectural, civil, and MEP engineering for integration into project deliverables.
- Coordinate with General Contractor during the construction administration phase including bid review, submittal review, RFI responses, contract document revisions, and site visits as required.
- Travel to project locations as needed for field verification, installations, construction coordination, and contractor supervision.
- Hybrid Work Model
Interested candidates, please apply online: THIEL & THIEL INC. (apply.ci)
|Company Name:||Thiel & Thiel Inc.|
|Job Title:||Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|