Vi – Chicago, IL
Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. Vi’s corporate office is located in downtown Chicago and employs 90+ professionals.
The Interior Designer works under the direction of the AVP of Interior Design to assist in creating quality interior environments which support Vi’s services and programs. This is achieved by bringing together the programmatic and budget requirements, aesthetic considerations, senior living resident and company objectives of a project. All aspects of the environment such as lighting, color, furnishings, finishes and art and how they coalesce to impact the experiences of staff and residents are taken into account. The same principles apply regardless of the scale of the assignment, be it an individual product selection or an entire project. The position coordinates and manages several small-scale design projects and assists with tasks on medium and large-scale projects with direct supervision from AVP of Interior Design.
- Researches and analyzes the appropriateness of products for intended use (furniture, finishes, hardware, art and accessories). Participates in the selection and preparation of specifications.
- Maintains working samples and database of various finishes and selections appropriate for Vi refurbishment projects. Organizes, sources/returns material samples (paint chips, fabrics, etc.) and schedules all vendor updates.
- Researches, analyzes, and proposes product solutions for specific interior design standards.
- Collaborates with team on any or all the phases of a project from conceptualization through completion. Work includes interaction with the AVP of Interior Design and Director of Purchasing along with stakeholder representatives from various aspect of the business.
- On small scale design projects: Collaborates with team on all the phases of a project from conceptualization through completion. Work includes interaction with the AVP of Interior Design and Director of Purchasing along with stakeholder representatives from various aspect of the business.
- Responsible for managing small projects as assigned. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of initial design concepts, interior selections, design development and value engineering, preparation of drawings, and millwork. Uses AutoCAD to create drawings.
- Prepares and gives design presentations to management for approval.
- Prepares and manages project budgets by soliciting pricing on FF&E items and coordinating with General Contractor on costs for material finishes. Revises and reselects materials and FF&E items as necessary to get project within budget.
- Organizes, schedules, and supervises FF&E installations
- Creates Budget Release paperwork including budgets, construction contracts, subcontractor/vendor proposals.
- Documents questions, obtains answers and distributes information to procurement team, consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives. Resolves and/or communicates issues, obstacles and outcomes.
- Assists AVP of Interior Design and Interior Designer Manager in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders for accuracy, negotiated pricing and schedules.
- Creates construction punch list for interior projects. Performs follow up work on punch list items with General Contractor and coordinates with community as needed.
- Supports the design team with small Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) and design requests from the Communities.
- Assists AVP of Interior Design and Interior Design Manager with updating the Design Standards for the Independent Living Units. Assists in researching materials, creating palettes and updating communities on changes to the program.
Requires 1 to 3 years design experience. Basic knowledge of color basics, industry trends, new products, design process, including Furniture Fixture and Equipment (FF&E), color & materials. Ability to read and understand architectural and interior design construction documents. Flexibility in managing projects of varying scale and multiple priorities. Strong organizational skills: resourceful, organized, and efficient. Strong math skills, attention to detail and good with measurements. Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to communicate and present effectively.
Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Travel required: occasional local and out of town.
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design is required.
Vi offers competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Interested candidates, please apply online at: https://jobs.viliving.com/job/22-2999/Interior-Designer
|Website:||please apply online at: https://jobs.viliving.com/job/22-2999/Interior-Designer|
|Job Title:||Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|