EDG Interior Architecture + Design – Novato, CA
Position: Intermediate Interior Designer for Restaurant and Hospitality Design Firm – Novato CA Office
What We Do:
EDG, an internationally recognized interior architecture and design firm, creates innovative hospitality environments worldwide. With expertise in branding, strategy, and operational excellence. We present authentic stories with the power to transform audiences and create value for Owners and Operators throughout the world. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions that meet business goals while surpassing guest expectations. Our Marin County Headquarters was named one of the “Five Coolest Bay Area Offices” by San Francisco Business Times and has been featured in Interior Design Magazine. We also have offices in Dallas and Singapore.
We are a leading innovator in hospitality, restaurant and commercial design and are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity. We look for team members who share our vision and values and are passionate about design, hardworking yet fun to be around, talented, ambitious, and courageous with creativity and dedication.
What We Are About:
Change fuels our creativity and cultivates innovation. Award winning design and successful business solutions are the result.
As individuals, we are talented, collaborative, and passionate about what we do. As a team, we are inspired to THINK BIG.
About the Role:
The Intermediate designer works closely alongside the Senior Design and Desigh Director, to help execute the design of the project from concept through installation; including developing the concept, development of all design details and finishes, furniture design and selection, coordination, documentation, and execution in the field.
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university. NCIDQ or comparable license or certification required
- Experience: 4-8 years of continuous interior design experience, preferably in hospitality.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent drafting and detailing skills; Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit proficiency. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within project deadlines and budgets. Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Collaboratively work with the design teams to execute and implement the client’s program, quality objectives, project, and budget constraints, while maintaining the EDG design aesthetic and design goals.
- Attend and participate in regular in-house design sessions with design and senior management staff, working alongside the Senior Designer and/or Design Director or Project Architect.
- Work as part of a collaborative team through sketching, preparing drawings, compiling, and editing presentations, sourcing materials, finishes, FFE, producing specifications and construction documents.
- Experience to excel at space planning, 3d development through hand sketches or Sketchup.
- Experience with developing custom ffe, finishes, and materials, as well as selecting and documenting running line FFE, finishes and materials.
- A passion for food and dining is very desirable.
- Ability to take direction and take on responsibility independently. Self starter attitudes are what we are after!
- Comfortable working with remote team members in other offices, via Zoom, phonecalls, email, and other digital methods.
- Prepare and present work regularly to the Senior Designer and Design Director in the office.
- Ability to multi-task, accept feedback, and take direction well, along with the ability to solve design issues both individually and collaboratively.
- Involvement in ASID, IIDA, NEWH is a plus!
- Can demonstrate great communication skills.
- Represent EDG for all consultant and client meetings, as required.
- Manage design coordination within the firm, between Interior Design, Architecture, Graphics, and between Owners and EDG Leadership.
- Supervise and mentor junior and intermediate designers.
- Manage and coordinate all communications to and from consultants.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and Design Director to stay within budget, scope, and on schedule.
- Works closely with the Senior Designer to confirm the project meets all standards for each phase.
- Works closely with the Project Architect, Design Director, and/or Senior Designer during the CD and CA phase of the project.
- Responds to RFI’s, submittals, and site visits to ensure the project design intent is implemented.
- Conducting punch lists and site survey notes along with a senior staff member.
- Takes responsibility to do quality control on your own work before submitting it to your design manager.
- Works hand in hand with the Design Director and/or Project Architect to ensure the project is successful, creative, and meets EDG standards.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive criticism within the team, as this is a collaborative partnership. All voices are welcome and should be considered during the process.
- This position is a leadership position within EDG, however, the office does not believe in hierarchical positions and encourages all staff, including junior designers, to bring out their best, capitalize on their talents and energy.
- The Senior Designer encourages all staff to think for themselves, be creative, problem solve, and work as a cohesive and positive team. This position also works in tandem with the design team, not just delegating tasks.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and execute all aspects of the design process under direction from the Design Director, Project Architect and CEO’s.
- Team player; strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor junior staff and interns, and to delegate work when appropriate.
- Ability to understand and interpret project schedules and budgets.
- Attend and assist with organizing project team meetings.
- Attend project presentations.
- Weekly team check ins.
- Responsible for managing your own time on the project and reporting to your Design Director or Senior Designer on your progress weekly.
- Ability to travel to our California office and project sites as needed.
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a great working environment including a 9/8/80 alternate schedule with every other Friday off. Yea, we know – we rock! Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
- Please email us your resume, and (very important) a portfolio sample of your work in PDF format (or provide a link) – email to email@example.com
- Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- California residents only; No relocation fee given for out of state applicants.
|Job Title:||Intermediate Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|