mackaywong – Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
mackaywong is a boutique interior design and branding studio that is passionate about bringing brilliant social spaces to life. Our award-winning team dreams up exciting and complex projects such as casinos, resorts and entertainment venues throughout Canada and the United States. Our HQ is located in Toronto’s bustling Entertainment District and our new loft-style studio is designed for collaboration, innovation, and rewarding work.
At mackaywong, our employees’ well-being is a top priority and we are committed to helping our designers grow professionally and thrive creatively.
We are seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer to join our growing team of creative professionals. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant hospitality and entertainment design experience. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact, quickly grow your professional skills, and work with a team of brilliant dreamers and doers.
- Complete a detailed site measure (including M&E) and required drawing retrieval
- Prepare a variety of operational floorplans during the Schematic Design Phase
- Lead and manage the drawing review/redlining process and communicate results to the design and production teams
- Prepare constructible Design Development drawings to guide final Contract Documents
- Initiate Building Code reviews and ensure compliance for the Project Leader’s review
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with the assigned production team
- Prepare and distribute accurate meeting minutes
- Manage ongoing communication with the client group, consultants, and project group as required
- Prepare and manage Tender Addendums, RFI’s, and other tender administration tasks
- Administrative project setup and production of VE initiatives
- Attend construction meetings if required by the Project Leader/Studio Leader
- Complete Deficiency walk through and summary report
- Supervise art/signage installations as required by the Project Leader/Studio Leader
- Complete project filing of own paperwork throughout the project
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant hospitality and entertainment design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and teamwork abilities
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and familiarity with building codes
- Professional work ethic and attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to join a small, but brilliant team of creative professionals
- A collaborative and inspiring work environment located in Toronto’s Entertainment District
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A competitive salary and benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a talented and motivated Intermediate Interior Designer, please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review every
application carefully and give primary consideration to candidates with relevant experience. Join our team and help bring brilliant social spaces to life.
At mackaywong, we value diversity and equal opportunities and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Primary consideration will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined in the job description.
Join our award-winning creative team and start your journey at mackaywong today!
Contact: Kelsey Seelert at email@example.com
|Job Title:||Intermediate Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|