mackaywong – Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
mackaywong is an award-winning boutique ID and Branding studio located in Toronto’s bustling Entertainment District. Our team of creative professionals is dedicated to
dreaming up and designing complex and exciting casinos, resorts, and entertainment venues throughout Canada and the United States. At mackaywong, we are passionate
about the art and science of creating brilliant social spaces and believe in fostering a work environment that promotes creativity, collaboration, and professional growth.
We are on a mission to connect with Canada’s most talented Junior interior design professionals to join our growing team. As a Junior Interior Designer, you will have the
opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects and make a big impact in the industry. You will be a key member of our creative team, contributing to the design and development of hospitality and entertainment spaces.
- Collaborate with the team to conceptualize and design innovative and functional spaces
- Participate in project planning, coordination, and execution
- Work closely with clients to understand their design needs and preferences
- Research and analyze design trends, materials, and finishes
- Digital drawing set up as required by the Project Leader
- Actively contribute insights during Concept Ideation sessions with excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Prepare engaging and thoughtful Schematic Design concepts, defining primary design features and key narratives and showcasing creative design capabilities
- Management (sourcing) and creation of project presentation documents
- Preparation of preliminary specifications, including selection, research, and logging.
- Stay up-to-date on current FF&E and finishes and build relationships with product representatives
- Participate in the Design Development process, including studies, research, sketches, and using AutoCAD/Revit.
- Preparation of Permit drawings and coordinate with the production department
- Preparation of construction drawings and schedules
- Participate in all contract administration tasks and support to mackaywong team
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant hospitality and entertainment design experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing your design skills and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to join a small, but brilliant team of creative professionals
- A collaborative and inspiring work environment located in Toronto’s Entertainment District
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A competitive salary and benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining the mackaywong team and have a passion for designing hospitality and entertainment spaces, we encourage you to send your resume and
portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover letter explaining why mackaywong would be the perfect home for you.
At mackaywong, we value diversity and equal opportunities and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Primary consideration will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined in the job description.
Join our award-winning creative team and start your journey at mackaywong today!
Contact: Kelsey Seelert at email@example.com
|Job Title:||Junior Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|