Bray Whaler – Denver, Dallas or Remote
Are you looking to enhance your career path?
Bray Whaler is hiring highly motivated Project Managers to join our dynamic team. You’ll work closely with vendors and clients to create, deliver, and install custom hospitality furnishings at some of North America’s most beautiful hotels and resorts. This is the job for you if you want to learn and grow, have strong communication and computer skills, and work with speed and accuracy. Loving details and deadlines is a plus! At the end of the day, what we value most is a strong work ethic, integrity, and a can-do attitude.
We operate under flexible work hours and offer a potential hybrid or remote work option for our Project Managers. Other perks include a competitive salary and desirable benefit package and best of all we are a dog-friendly employer. Well-behaved pups are welcome at our offices.
Position: Project Manager – Hospitality Procurement (Denver, Dallas or Remote)
Reports to: Project Director
Purpose of Position:
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of your team to ensure schedules and project goals are accomplished within the parameters of the purchasing agreement. Position requires integrity, honesty, accountability, commitment to meeting deadlines, organizational skills to balance multiple tasks and priorities, and excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles. Maintain a respectful, collaborative attitude toward clients, employees, and co-workers. Deliver outstanding levels of client satisfaction, retention, and referral business.
- Review kick-off information to determine schedule, funding requirements, approval procedures, staffing needs, and any special requirements for each phase of the project.
- Establish work plan and identify staff assignments, duties, and scope responsibility.
- Review design specifications and supervise coordinator(s) to ensure specifications are properly loaded/coded in database and issued to appropriate vendors for bidding.
- Direct activities of project coordinator(s) to ensure project progresses on schedule within the client’s budget.
- Analyze vendor bids to present the most advantageous bid matrix to client based on product quality, logistics cost, service, schedule and budget.
- Prepare project status reports for management and clients.
- Review expediting reports, take corrective action with vendor(s) and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative communication and relationships with client/designer/contractor/logistics provider and vendors.
- Travel to project sites and client offices for kick-off meetings, model rooms, and/or manufacturing facilities to review project status.
- Coordinate activities with purchasing, expediting, warehousing, installation, OS&E and project accounting departments to maintain the smooth flow of the project.
- Identify punch list items that are within the scope of the purchasing responsibility respond to complete and close-out projects.
- Hire, train and supervise 1 – 3 project coordinators. Plan, assign and direct work, appraise performance, provide coaching and disciplinary action. Address and resolve problems and complaints, enlisting the help of supervisors, as appropriate. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Participate in sales presentations to prospective clients as needed, and effectively present Bray Whaler’s services, capabilities, and value in a clear, compelling manner.
- Proficiency and speed with MS Word, Windows and Excel
- Accuracy & detail orientation for error free work
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation – Ability to focus on and identify small, significant details in spreadsheets and exception reports
- Planning & Organizational – Time and task management skills to calmly handle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Personal Relations & Diplomacy – Ability to take responsibility for one’s work; and discuss/resolve issues and disputes without defensiveness, both with coworkers and clients
- Exceptional relationship building that results in repeat and referral business from clients, designers, contractors and vendors
- Full-time salaried position
- Healthcare benefit package including medical, dental and vision
- Supplemental insurance with Aflac available
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
Interested candidates are encouraged to send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at Careers | Bray Whaler
|Company Name:||Bray Whaler|
|City:||Denver, Dallas or Remote|
|Job Title:||Project Manager – Hospitality Procurement|
|Must Manage Others:||Yes|