dash design – New York, NY
Dash is an award-winning branding and interior design agency that is looking for a passionate and articulate team-oriented leader who possesses a full complement of design skills and technical proficiency. This candidate should retain a passion to create highly experiential environments, namely hospitality and F&B. Reporting directly to the Design Directors, the ideal candidate will be responsible for translating conceptualization and facilitation of multiple projects, carrying a strong focus on interpreting client needs and executing projects from initiation to completion. You will work independently and oversee, delegate and mentor junior staff, and collaborate with clients, designers, architects, consultants, construction & operators to ensure projects are executed on time and on budget.
- A minimum of 8-9 years of experience working as an Interior Designer. Should have relevant experience working for an interior design or architectural firm, with a strong focus on hospitality (hotels and restaurants) as well as multi-family, senior living and retail projects.
- Desire to work and thrive in a high-energy, highly collaborative and creative environment to develop the best possible ideas for our clients/brands, and to consistently bring fresh and relevant design ideas to the table.
- Experience developing top-notch and thoughtfully curated presentation decks.
- Excellent communicator; presenter; collaborator and team player.
- Strong graphic communication skills; excellent client relationship skills and ability to work with a diverse team of designers, architects, consultants and contractors.
- Ability to quickly absorb and distill complicated information and provide concise briefings to internal and external project team
- Detail oriented, with a strong passion for design and technical coordination.
- Self-starter with the ability to facilitate multiple projects and deadlines and move between design phases with ease.
- Desire to participate in all aspects of a project and in close collaboration with the project team.
- Demonstrated problem solver and ability to provide critical thinking from concepts to implementation.
- Able to ideate quickly and provide detailed sketches and visuals.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, SketchUp, DesignSpec (or similar spec writing programs). Experience with Revit would be a plus.
- Graduate of an accredited Interior Design or Interior Architecture program.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and located in the Tri-State area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities are divided 50/50 between design and technical/production tasks.
- Translate strategic concepts into unique spaces and experience working with senior team members’ guidance. Bringing fresh, creative ideas that are project appropriate, on brand for the client, and with supporting rationale.
- Participate in the preparation of concept drawings, schematic and design development (including CAD drawing and 2D Photoshop rendering) with senior team member oversight.
- Source FFE, soft and hard finishes for project appropriateness.
- Accurately produce and maintain FFE + IF specifications, and custom furniture sketches via CAD.
- Participate in oversight of junior designers and effectively communicate the design direction. Help guide in the development and oversight of design and specifications, as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside consultants (vendors, purchasing agents, AOR, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of local and online showrooms, vendor community, and has their finger on the pulse with quality product and industry trends.
- Maintain adherence to project schedule while coordinating with Owner, operator and team.
- Proactively manage assigned projects with attention to time, material and labor costs.
- Ability to resolve complex technical/design issues and provide guidance.
- Ability to motivate and supervise the work of junior design team members.
- Review and process RFI’s and Submittals during construction phase.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management and staff.
Full-time; work in the office 3 days a week.
- Health insurance includes medical, vision and dental
- Paid time off
If you have the skillsets, can fulfill the responsibilities and meet the requirements above, and can thrive in a creative, solutions-driven environment, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Kindly include “Senior Interior Designer” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
|Company Name:||dash design|
|Job Title:||Senior Interior Designer|
|Must Manage Others:||No|