INTERIOR IMAGE GROUP – Crown Point, IN
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Principal
INDIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Senior VP of Design
IIG is an award-winning interior design firm with two office locations – Indiana and Florida. Founded in 2004, IIG masterfully choreographs projects from inception through completion for highly recognized hotel projects, both branded and boutique. IIG draws inspiration from local history, demographics, and industry, allowing the project’s story to naturally unfold into a narrative. These parameters contribute to an organic and fluid design process. Along with design, the firm also offers purchasing and branding services.
IIG COMPANY CORE VALUES:
IIG’s company core values are centered on creativity and supported by accountability, integrity, and professionalism.
The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for development, implementation and creation of project design concepts from mid-size to large size projects. The Senior Interior Designer provides design continuity and leadership throughout the entire project by developing the initial design concept and coordinating with other team members to further develop design concepts through schematic design, design development, and construction phases. This individual is expected to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment. It is essential for the Senior Interior Designer to pass knowledge to others, helping to support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are essential within this role.
- Manages and leads assigned projects from conceptual design through construction administration with supervision. Completes required deliverables with the assistance of team members:
- Renders design ideas in form of pin-ups, drawings, or illustrations and presents design to Principal for review.
- Selection of interior finishes and furnishings appropriate to project budget.
- Interior finish boards and presentation materials using InDesign.
- Finish schedules.
- Material selection costs and specification information.
- Project budgets in Spexx software program / Excel.
- FF&E and finish specifications using Spexx.
- Project spec binders.
- Review and approve RFI’s and shop drawings.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of design deliverables by reviewing and checking all work for design aesthetic, accuracy and completeness.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, positive and productive client relationships.
- Maintains day-to-day correspondence with internal and external sources.
- Coordinates communication by project team members, including meeting minutes, email documentation and transmittals.
- Assures design conforms to contractual agreement with client and any sub-consultants.
- Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing design staff to ensure efficient utilizations of resources.
- Understands and implements processes to reduce risks and exposure. Also, advances processes and tools used by the firm.
- Prepare project timeline schedules and responsibility matrices.
- Meets IIG’s goals for project profitability, risk management and enhancement of the firm’s design reputation.
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members.
- Correspond and coordinate with consultants including lighting, operation and technical, and VE process.
- Ensure excellence and professionalism within every verbal or written client touchpoint.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in interior design with a minimum 5 years of hospitality design experience.
- NCIDQ (preferred)
- LEED-AP (desirable)
- State license (preferred)
- AutoCAD, 3-4 years’ experience, intermediate proficiency
- Adobe Photoshop, 3-4 years’ experience, intermediate proficiency
- Adobe InDesign, intermediate proficiency
- Google Sketch-up, intermediate proficiency
- Microsoft Office, expert proficiency
- Spexx (desirable)
Hospitality / Interior Design skills:
- Sketching skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in small / large group setting and/or via virtual conference calls
- Finely tuned and tasteful eye for color, texture and pattern.
- Able to research, prepare and present color and material concepts in a tasteful and unique format along with space plans, elevations and details.
- Expert technical knowledge for creating specifications and installation coordination of FF& E furnishings, decorative lighting, and other related interior design contract documents.
- Proven experience working with national hospitality supplier sources.
- Expert knowledge of hotel standards, fire codes and ADA accessibility requirements for interiors.
- Models a highly organized approach to the design process resulting in on time, on budget deliverables.
Project Management skills:
- Client management skills.
- Experience with interiors to ensure professional and timely delivery of interior FF&E schedules, budgets and interior construction documents for multiple interior design projects.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals.
- Leadership skills; proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential.
- Knowledgeable on appropriate costs, budgeting and estimating techniques for FF&E and finish materials.
Interested candidates, please reply to: email@example.com
|Company Name:||Interior Image Group|
|Job Title:||Senior Interior Designer III|
|Must Manage Others:||No|