Hospitality Interior Design – Denver, CO
Excellent company culture and work/life balance – dedicated to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment for all employees!
The Project Lead Interior Designer (Senior Interior Designer) is responsible for directing a team by managing all aspects of a project. He or she manages a team of designers and drafters that use computer aided design (CAD) for projects. He or she ensures the drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards. This position may prepare project schedules, bids, or proposals and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet with VP’s of Creative & Operations weekly, space planning, management of Design Associates and multiple design projects
- Assist in developing conceptual and design development presentations for builders/developers
- Responsible for the execution of all design concepts, design development, and construction documentation, working directly with the organization’s VP’s
- Meet with product representatives to establish accounts with new product lines
- Assist VP of Creative with design selection meetings and denoting all materials/drawings
- Responsible for the communication of redlines and final drawing comments with Design Associates
- Responsible for quick response and problem solving to customer service issues from builders and industry partners
- Direct Design Associates with regards to all aspects of project tasks to complete the different phases of each project, including schematic design, design development, and construction documentation
- Select all finishes, fabrics, furniture, accessories, lighting, etc. for design projects and ensure that project budgets are met
- Work with VP’s in all aspects of project design as necessary
- Schedule and attend construction site walks at significant phases of design with VP of Operations
- Review and complete all construction administration documentation as required.
- Attend and lead FF&E installations for all design projects
- Coordinate project subcontractors as required, including but not limited to: wallcovering installer, window treatment work room, and specialty painters.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- BS in Interior Design, Architecture, Fine Arts or Equivalent
- Design and technical capabilities
- 7+ years in Interior Design – commercial interiors with a focus on hospitality or model home interiors
- Experience with design on large scale amenities, resort style clubhouses, sales offices, spas, and restaurants
- Advanced Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience managing design team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate among a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working in groups and participating in cross-functional teams towards a common goal
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Annual Salary – Based on experience, certifications and portfolio
- Benefits Package
- Excellent company culture and work/life balance – dedicated to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment for all employees!
- Wellness Week – once a year the company closes for health and wellness for all employees. Paid wellness week!
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Lynde Gillis – Lynde@InteriorTalent.com
Interior Talent Inc., ASID, IIDA & NKBA Industry Partners
800-915-3012 toll free | 219-617-1555 mobile
I’ve been with Interior Talent for since 2005! My candidates stay with their employers an average of 4 years and get promoted twice. Read my recommendations as a recruiter: www.linkedin.com/in/lyndegillis
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
|Company Name:||Hospitality Interior Design|
|Job Title:||Senior Interior Designer - Project Lead|
|Must Manage Others:||No|