Mannington Commercial – Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Atlanta Showroom Manager
Reports To: Dir of Marketing (VP of Marketing)
Approved By: VP of Marketing
As a Mannington Associate, I am expected to conduct myself in a manner which supports the company’s values and philosophy, while performing in the best interest of my fellow associates. I am expected to contribute to our mission statement: to be the best people to do business within the flooring industry.
- Maintain a clean and attractive showroom appearance for all clients and associates.
- General showroom duties and support of SE Region RSD, Product VP’s; Marketing VP, and Sustainability Director.
- Meet and greet prospective customers.
- Execute the Mannington Commercial Showroom written protocols; proposals; contracts; and staging for all Showroom events. Follow through with Pre and Post Event walk through and signoffs; to include all post-event cleaning.
- Follow-up with clients that visited our design center after an event to ensure the experience was positive and gather feedback, if any.
- Keep library supplies in white cabinets stocked with designer-palettes so they can be shown quickly during a presentation.
- Attend team meetings.
- Oversee and maintain appropriate levels of sample inventory.
- Assist local District Managers with events and presentation needs. Serve as point of contact for all local prep work and meeting/event coordination.
- Update and organize all showroom marketing materials.
- Order and maintain office supplies and showroom essentials (F&B, kitchen supplies, other miscellaneous materials/supplies).
- Contact and coordinate appropriate external resources, including but not limited to cleaning, maintenance, and technical services for all showroom equipment.
- Manage a minimum of 15-20 sample requests daily with delivery service, occuring within a 2-hour time period.
- Attend any/all showroom events, and other local marketing events as needed.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates high-level attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and on budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve quality and promote excellence; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Sense of Urgency – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel; Outlook; Word; PowerPoint).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Must have a valid driver’s license. Other Qualifications Must be able to travel as required.
Mindset (bonus points!):
- Has a sense of Curiosity: do you have a desire to learn and explore?
- Has a sense of Ownership: the showroom should feel like our home, and we are inviting guests into our home.
- Understands Hospitality: the art of giving guests more than they expect.
- Building authentic connections: do you show interest in others with the intent to connect?
- Discovery: we want guests to come in and discover our world, chat with us, get involved with us, and build an emotional connection to our brand.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work is typically performed in an office environment and the candidate needs to be able to move about the office environment. The associate is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, as well as balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or disability status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Interested candidates, apply online at: www.mannington.com/jobs
|Company Name:||Mannington Commercial|
|Website:||apply online at: www.mannington.com/jobs|
|Job Title:||Showroom Manager|
|Must Manage Others:||No|