This year, UNESCO honored 24 global projects for the Prix Versailles Awards 2022 among the 94 finalists chosen by the World Selections (in the categories of airports, campuses, passenger stations, and sports) or acknowledged as regional awardees (in shops & stores, shopping malls, hotels, and restaurants).
The objective of this year’s edition of the yearly awards intends to honor originality, ingenuity, reflections on local history, environmental sustainability, and the ideals of social involvement and interaction that the United Nations holds in profound esteem. The organizers claim that judges chose the winning projects following the ideas of “conscious sustainability,” which considers each project’s effects on the environmental, social, and cultural context.
Gilles Lipovetsky had the chance to reaffirm the superiority of the finalist proposals during the Official Announcement, which took place at UNESCO Headquarters on December 19, 2022. Check out the Prix Versailles Awards 2022, chosen below.
Prix Versailles Awards 2022
- Prix Versailles: Los Angeles International Airport, West Gates Terminal in Los Angeles, CA
- Special Prize Interior: Helsinki Airport, Terminal 2 in Vantaa, Finland
- Special Prize Exterior: Thessaloniki Airport “Makedonia,” Terminal 2 in Thessaloniki, Greece
2) PASSENGER STATIONS
- Prix Versailles: Expo 2020 Metro Station in Dubai, UAE
- Special Prize Interior: Duomo Metro Station in Naples, Italy
- Special Prize Exterior: Al Furjan Metro Station in Dubai, UA
- Prix Versailles: London School of Economics and Political Science, Marshall Building in London, UK
- Special Prize Interior: the University of Birmingham Dubai in Dubai, UAE
- Special Prize Exterior: Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1 Saint-Thomas in Paris, France
- Prix Versailles: TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, OH
- Special Prize Interior: Tochigi Sports Park, East Area in Utsunomiya, Japan
- Special Prize Exterior: Al Thumama Stadium in Doha, Qatar
5) SHOPPING MALLS
- Prix Versailles: La Samaritaine in Paris, France by SANAA / SRA Architectes / Lagneau Architectes
- Special Prize Interior: The Hyundai Seoul in Seoul, South Korea, by Burdifilek
- Special Prize Exterior: Henderson Cifi Tiandi in Shanghai, China by Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- Prix Versailles: Six Senses Fort Barwara in Chauth Ka Barwara, India by Mitchell & Eades
- Special Prize Interior: Six Senses Botanique in Campos do Jordão, Brazil by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Special Prize Exterior: DongFengYun Hotel Mi’Le – MGallery in Mile, China by Luo Xu / Cheng Chung Design
- Prix Versailles: The NoMad restaurant in London, UK, by EPR Architects
- Special Prize Interior: Bogen in Bolzano, Italy by noa*
- Special Prize Exterior: Äng in Tvååker, Sweden, by Norm Architects
8) SHOPS & STORES
- Prix Versailles: Burberry pop-up store in Jeju, South Korea
- Special Prize Interior: Hermès Rive Gauche in Paris, France by RDAI
- Special Prize Exterior: Apple The Grove in Los Angeles, CA, by Foster+Partners
Also Check: Apple Store Sanlitun | Foster + Partners
The post UNESCO Honors the Finest Contemporary Architecture Buildings for the Prix Versailles Awards 2022 appeared first on Arch2O.com.