The big cheese…. Deals with all the mouse droppings.More about Shelia Lohmiller ›
Jena is the COO for NEWH, Inc. She is your contact for Regional Tradeshows, corporate partnership, chapter board trainings, and the NEWH Leadership Conference. Jena attained a BS in Marketing at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and since has held positions in management, sales, and service. Jena provides strong organizational, customer service, and leadership experience to NEWH.
Susan brings with her over 20+ years’ financial experience. Susan earned her Associates Degree in Accounting from Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and her Bachelor’s in Accounting through Lakeland University in Green Bay, Wisconsin. She resides in her hometown of Shawano with her husband Jeff, three children; Grace, Ava, Max, and German shepherd dogs – Winston and Lucy, and Willow the cat. When not at work, Susan enjoys traveling and exploring with her family as well as improving on her photography hobby.
Please feel free to contact Susan for NEWH, Inc., and chapter financial matters.
1. Oversee the daily functions of the office.
1. Maintain the NEWH, Inc. and Chapter financial records
2. Modify online QuickBooks account for incoming board of directors.
3. Keep an accurate checkbook in QuickBooks for each Chapter and the NEWH, Inc. office via monthly bank statements
4. Maintain an accurate, up to date chart of accounts
5. Payroll: maintain weekly timesheets, prepare checks, and prepare monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns
6. Coordinate chapter venue credit card deposits for all Chapters
7. Provide support to the accountant in preparing annual tax returns
8. Every January work with Chapter Treasurers to establish annual budgets. All budgets to be completed by February 15th
9. Act as the Accounts Payable department for all Chapters
10. Provide support to Chapter Treasurers as needed
11. Act as the Treasurer for all Regional Groups
12. Update signature cards for all Chapters annually
13. Facilitate in quarterly discipline calls.
1. Oversee deposits of all money coming into the NEWH, Inc. office through bank by mail
2. Oversee processing credit card payments
3. Oversee and maintain GoPayment merchant accounts for chapter point of sale transactions
4. Invoice customers/chapters for amounts due to NEWH, Inc. and monitor aging.
1. Oversee quarterly chapters dues reimbursement
2. Process invoices for payments
3. Reimburse Chapter event funds to the Chapters
1. Be familiar with three insurance policies (Workmen’s Comp., Errors & Omissions, and General Liability).
2. Coordinate chapters Certificate of Insurance prior to events, securing the General Liability policy (it is frowned upon to have an open bar because NEWH are more liable than having people purchase their own beverages.
Diane is the Membership/Events Director for NEWH, Inc. She is your contact for NEWH chapter event communication, chapter board trainings, membership, and the NEWH website. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire with a BS degree in Administrative Management, Diane was employed by a Milwaukee consulting firm and worked with an array of nonprofit organizations in resource development, research, and leadership development projects. Diane’s background and involvement with nonprofit organizations in the past brings creativity, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm to NEWH. Diane is married to her husband Dennis, and they have two children: Nathan and Morgan, and furry kid, Rudy. When not at work, Diane enjoys spending time with family and friends, sipping wine while watching the weeds grow in her garden, and enjoying the northwoods.
CHAPTER PROGRAMMING/FUNDRAISING SUPPORT
Julie is your contact for questions regarding online registration, Chapter nominations, and Chapter finances. She is very excited to be a part of such an amazing non-profit organization that supports the Hospitality Industry. She bring over 15+ years of work experience working under different financial coordinators from retail to government. During those times she has come to appreciate the real meaning of life – Family! NEWH, Inc is all about family and has welcomed Julie with open arms and hopes to continue for many – many – many years!!! Julie balances family, husband Dave, heavenly daughter Lilie, son Brodie, daughter Marlie, and special furry kiddos Stella and Louise, with work and numerous extracurricular activities.
Kathy joined NEWH in 2008 as a full time office assistant. Kathy was born and raised in Chicago and has lived most of her life in Illinois. She moved to Wisconsin about 13 years ago. Kathy has many years of experience in administrative office positions in the healthcare, construction, manufacturing, and temporary agency fields. Among Kathy’s duties is handling incoming communication, database management, and other general office duties. Kathy is married to Kevin and has two grown children, Janine and Jim. She also has four sweet and rambunctious grandsons Cameron, Landon, Logan and James. When not at work, Kathy loves gardening and visiting the botanical gardens, bird watching, craft projects, being Kevin’s sous chef in the kitchen, and keeping in touch with family and friends.
Hillary is the Scholarship & Communications Director for NEWH, Inc. She is your contact for NEWH, Inc and Chapter Scholarships and the NEWH Green Voice Design Competition. She also oversees NEWH, Inc social media and event promotion on the international level. After earning her BA in English Journalism, Hillary worked at a non-profit educational book publishers doing editing, marketing and public relations. She is excited to learn more about the welcoming hospitality industry
Hillary is married to her husband Matthew, and lives in Eau Claire, WI with their son, Leonard and dog Oly. When not at work, Hillary enjoys traveling, live music and trying new things.
Kate is the Tradeshow/Event Coordinator for NEWH, Inc. and is your contact for Regional Tradeshows and Leadership Conference. Kate obtained a Bachelor’s in Health and Human Performance from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma while playing on the women’s tennis team. Kate and her boyfriend recently relocated to Wisconsin with their miniature dachshund Tank.
Denise earned her Business Administrative certificate degree from Northeast Wisconsin Technical Institute in 2010. She has worked for 20 years at her husband Dan’s auto repair and hardware store doing the bookkeeping and working in customer service. Denise worked for 5 years at the College of Menominee as an Administrative Assistant. They have 3 children, Dillon (Destinee), Darci and Dani and 4 grandchildren, Deklan, Aniston, Cade & Cora and one dog Gizmo. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family, baking and sewing.
Denise works with chapters and supports our NEWH Inc. team in a variety of areas, including:
Erika is the Scholarship and Training Manager for NEWH, Inc. Erika has extensive experience in the continuing education field focusing on course development for professional education, operations and customer service. She holds Master degrees in both Vocational Rehabilitation and in Business Administration. Erika is passionate about life-long learning and connecting learners with the tools they need for success in their chosen field.
The big cheese…. Deals with all the mouse droppings.