The NEWH Green Voice Design Competition provides students with the opportunity to showcase their design skills while utilizing the very best in sustainable design products and practices. Our sponsors have generously donated the awards – one to the winning undergraduate student and one to the winning graduate student with airfare/lodging to the awards event at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada provided.
- Interior Design or Architecture students; undergraduate (in a 4-year program) or graduate students (must be enrolled in an accredited college).
- Students (2) may work together on a team submission (splitting the $7,500 scholarship if awarded); each student receiving paid airfare and lodging to the awards event.
- Instructors may use competition as a class project evaluating all class projects and submit no more than (5) top projects for consideration (a submittal form must be included with each project).
Competition design criteria changes annually. Students must execute a dynamic, creative, cutting edge design utilizing the very best products and technologies which encompass sustainable topics such as: site selection, water efficiency, energy conservation, products/materials, and indoor environmental quality. In addition to the physical aspects of design, the functional daily use of the space and how the occupants can operate the facility in a sustainable manner such as encouraging recycling and reuse, water and energy conservation to create a truly sustainable concept. All work must be student’s original work. In addition to the criteria, all submissions are judged on their professional appearance by a panel of industry judges. See full criteria for complete guidelines.
- $7,500 undergraduate scholarship
- $7,500 graduate scholarship
To receive the scholarship, you must be a currently enrolled student with current or upcoming debt through your college for tuition or program approved books/supplies. Awarded scholarship funds are payable to and sent directly to student’s college (only). If the student does not have applicable debt unused funds will be awarded to the students’ college Interior Design Department. If a winning graduate student is not selected by the panel of judges, the scholarship award will go to the INTERIORS PROGRAM of the winning undergraduate student’s school, and vice versa. Scholarship awards are generously donated by NEWH Friends of Green Voice sponsors.