The NEWH Green Voice Design Competition provides students with the opportunity to showcase their design skills while utilizing the very best in sustainable design products and practices. Our sponsors have generously donated the awards – one to the winning undergraduate student and one to the winning graduate student with airfare/lodging to the awards event at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada provided.
- Interior Design or Architecture students only; undergraduate (in a 4-year program) or graduate students attending an accredited college.
- Up to (2) students majoring in Interior Design or Architecture (only) may work together as a team. If awarded, students would split the $7,500 scholarship. Each student would receive paid travel and lodging to the awards event.
- Winner(s) must be able to attend the awards event with travel/lodging provided. The event is held in May annually at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. If unable to attend the awards event, the student may select (1) college representative to attend on their behalf.
Competition criteria changes annually. Students must execute a dynamic, creative, cutting edge design utilizing the very best products and technologies which encompass sustainable topics such as: site selection, water efficiency, energy conservation, products/materials, and indoor environmental quality. In addition to the physical aspects of design, the functional daily use of the space and how the occupants can operate the facility in a sustainable manner such as encouraging recycling and reuse, water and energy conservation to create a truly sustainable concept. All work must be student’s original work. In addition to the criteria, all submissions are judged on their professional appearance by a panel of industry judges. See full criteria for complete project requirements.
- $7,500 undergraduate scholarship
- $7,500 graduate scholarship
To receive the scholarship, you must be a currently enrolled student with past, current or upcoming debt through your college for tuition or program approved books/supplies. Awarded scholarship funds are payable to and mailed directly to student’s college (only). If a graduate student is not selected, due to project criteria not being met, the graduate scholarship funds will be given to the interiors program of the winning undergraduate recipient’s school, and vice versa. The interiors program may utilize the award to enhance the educational needs or materials of the design studio. A school representative must be able to attend the award presentation. Scholarship awards are generously donated by NEWH Friends of Green Voice sponsors.