Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, with 18 chapters and 9 regional groups, which links professionals from every facet of the hospitality industry and related fields. The NEWH By-laws state one of the objectives of NEWH is to promote scholarship, education and interest in the Hospitality Industry. To date, NEWH has awarded over $6,500,000.00+ in scholarships to over 2,500 students wishing to pursue careers in the hospitality industry.
$7,500 NEWH ICON of Industry scholarship criteria:
- Actively enrolled student: 4-year sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) or overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Must be pursuing a career objective in the area of the Hospitality Industry with an emphasis towards the area(s) of hospitality determined by our ICON (criteria changes annually)
- Must have participated in an internship program or similar position
An eligible school is defined as one that is fully accredited and will hold the scholarship moneys in trust for the student to draw down upon on an “as needed” basis without any service charges.
For more information on the ICON of Industry Award,
and to view past ICONS, scholarship recipients, and selection criteria, please click here