Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, with 18 chapters and 9 regional groups, which links professionals from every facet of the hospitality industry and related fields. The NEWH By-laws state one of the objectives of NEWH is to promote scholarship, education and interest in the Hospitality Industry. To date, NEWH has awarded over $5,300,000.00+ in scholarships to over 2,243 students wishing to pursue careers in the hospitality industry.
$7,500 NEWH ICON of Industry scholarship criteria:
- Actively enrolled student: 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Must be pursuing a career objective in the area of Hospitality Industry with an emphasis towards the area(s) of hospitality determined by our ICON (criteria changes annually)
- Participated in an internship program or similar position
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
An eligible school is defined as one that is fully accredited and will hold the scholarship moneys in trust for the student to draw down upon on an “as needed” basis without any service charges.
Scholarship opens in spring annually with a late summer deadline. Winning recipient must be able to attend the Gold Key Gala in New York City in November with paid travel and lodging provided.
Apply today! Deadline is July 15th
Help NEWH celebrate our 2018 NEWH ICON OF INDUSTRY – ESTHER COHEN!
click here for details on our Tribute Journal
For more information on the ICON of Industry Award,
and to view past ICONS, scholarship recipients, and selection criteria, please click here