|AGELESS LIVING COLLABORATIVE
Senior Living Design Scholarship
The Ageless Living Collaborative (ALC) Senior Living Design Scholarship, sponsored by Samuelson Furniture, exists to provide opportunity for design students who are interested in pursuing careers in Senior Living Design.
The mission of the Ageless Living Collaborative is to provide relevant, industry information, across various topics which affect seniors and their families, so that together, we can affect optimum environments. This scholarship is to encourage young and rising design talent to focus on senior living design and further improve the lives of seniors.
Through webinars and live events, The Ageless Living Collaborative explores, and presents, opportunities for those who live and work in the senior living industry. Looking through various lenses including design, psychology, culture, finance and communications, the ALC shares solutions that are equitable and may be practiced across all economic demographics.
Applicant must show a senior living focus within their application materials to be eligible for consideration for this scholarship.
- Interior design major with Senior Living as a specialty.
- Open to domestic and international students.
- Actively enrolled student; 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year program sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level attending college
- 3.0 GPA (Cumulative) overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
- High priority will be given to those who identity with an under-represented group in the industry.
- Awardee will be honored at the Gold Key Awards Gala in New York City on November 14, 2022. Attendance is encouraged.
- Applications must be received by June 20, 2022. If mailing, application must be postmarked four (4) days prior to deadline. Applications can be mailed to: NEWH, Inc., P.O. Box 322, Shawano, WI 54166.
- Official Transcript: We understand sometimes transcripts and letter(s) may need to be sent in separately per college policy.
- Up to 2 letters of recommendation: (example from professor, advisor, employer, etc.)
- Student essay (500-word maximum) to include: What will your impact be?
- Your goals and objectives
- What prompted you to choose this career?
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- Short Biography (150 words max)
- High – Resolution Headshot
Please collect all required materials (essay, transcript, letters) and combine into (1) PDF document and mail or email your submission. Include first and last name on all items submitted as header. We understand sometimes transcripts and letter(s) may need to be sent in separately per college policy.
- All applications will receive an email notifying them of their application was received within 2 weeks of the scholarship deadline date. Winning students will receive notification no later than August 1, 2022. Other students will receive an email stating their application was not accepted by August 15, 2022.
- Awardee will be honored at Gold Key Awards Gala in New York City, attendance is encouraged. Travel and lodging are covered.
- Awarded funds are made payable to students’ college or university and mailed directly to the institution. NEWH is unable to make funds payable directly to a student. Awarded funds may only be applied toward tuition or program-approved books/supplies for past, current or upcoming expenses or debt; unused funds are returned to NEWH.
- Awarded funds may not be used for students’ other expenses (housing, personal needs, etc.)
- Students may apply for multiple NEWH scholarships, even if previously awarded.
- Scholarship Funds must be paid out by NEWH within 12 months after awarding. Any remaining funds will be returned to NEWH and no longer available to the scholarship recipient.
I have fully completed this application, supplied all necessary information accurately, included required attachments and submitted prior to the deadline date or my application will not be considered. I hereby verify that all information included in this application is true and accurate and understand that if NEWH, Inc. learns that any information is false, this application will not be considered. If awarded a scholarship, I understand that funds will be made payable to and directly mailed to my college and applied towards my tuition or program approved books/supplies. I understand unused funds will be returned to NEWH, Inc.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. If I receive a NEWH Scholarship award, including the opportunity to attend a scholarship awards event (“the Event”), I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Ageless Living Collaborative, NEWH, Inc., its Chapters, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in the Event, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Event is being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the Event.
Facebook: @newhinc @NEWHScholarships