GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Please review the annual chapter Scholarship Process to become familiar with your responsibilities as Scholarship Director
Please read the NEWH Guidelines for Scholarships to understand the criteria required for students and the different types of International and Chapter Scholarships that are available.
Use this PowerPoint to educate students, colleges, educational professionals on the benefits of NEWH, scholarship and membership.
It is important to remember that NEWH also awards scholarships to Junior Colleges and other two-year programs with studies in Hospitality such as Foodservice Management, Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Senior Living, Architecture, Interior Design, etc.
Utilize online sites to find new accredited college colleges in your chapter territory and update your current contacts:
CIDA (Interior Design only accredited colleges)
Accredited Culinary Colleges:
Hospitality Management Accredited Colleges:
Degrees offered by state:
MANDATORY SCHOLARSHIP FORMS
Within 30-days of the application closing date, the Scholarship Director is required to notify all winner and non-winners of their application status. The templates here will take the work out of doing this.
Email all Non-winning Applicants that were not selected. This scholarship opportunity is very important to some students, and they need to know whether they were selected or not. click here for template
Email all Scholarship Winners notifying them of their award and the upcoming scholarship award event details. click here for template
The Scholarship Director completes Scholarship Check Request Form requires 2 signatures and submits to NEWH, Inc. office within 30-days of scholarship closing date.
NEWH, Inc. will distribute scholarship checks directly to the chapter to sign and mail with the required letter to each college.
Hold Harmless Policy Chapters is a form template the Scholarship Director completes and sends to each scholarship recipient attending the scholar’s event. This is a liability agreement and helps protect the chapter.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE INFORMATION
The Scholarship Application Evaluation Form can be utilized when reviewing your received scholarship applications. Scholarship recipients should be chosen based off of the following criteria only:
- Actively enrolled student: 2-year program freshman and above, 4-year sophomore/second year and above, or graduate level
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative) overall “B” average or grade percentage of 83% – 86% equivalent
- Financial need through college for past/current/upcoming tuition or program approved books/supplies
- Major and career objective within a hospitality related field (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, etc.)
NEWH, INC. SCHOLARSHIPS
Students may apply for NEWH Chapter and NEWH, Inc. scholarships, click here.
Here are some chapter event templates that have been very successful events for chapters.
CHAPTER EVENTS TEMPLATES
CHAPTER VENDOR SCHOLARSHIPS
NEWH Chapter level Vendor Scholarships are graciously funded by the hospitality manufacturing community. These scholarships are administered by NEWH Chapter and are presented at a determined chapter event. Scholarship Director sends vendor the Vendor Scholarship Agreement once complete a copy must be sent to NEWH, Inc. office. Scholarship Director sends Vendor Thank-you Letter
- Funding to be done by a vendor
- Minimum $3000 donation
- Scholarship name to be chosen by Vendor
- Vendor or company representative can present the scholarship
- NEWH Chapter Scholarship Committee reviews applicants and selects the final recipient based on NEWH scholarship criteria
- Donor can specify what are of hospitality is accepted for students to apply for the vendor scholarship (interior design, architecture, etc.)
- NEWH Chapter determines the venue for the award presentation of the scholarship
CHAPTER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS
These scholarships are administered by NEWH Chapter and are presented at a determined chapter event. Must be in the name of a NEWH member. Scholarship Director sends the In Memory Scholarship Agreement and once complete a copy must be sent to NEWH, Inc. office. Scholarship Director sends Donor Thank-you Letter
- Must be in the name of a member who has contributed to NEWH.
- May be funded separately, initially, after the death of the member and then funded by chapter fundraising efforts, after the original funding dwindles.
- May be given in the name of the member as one of the Chapter Scholarships. For instance, could be given to the most outstanding student and/or in the largest dollar amount.
NEWH Emerging Talent…Students and recent graduates can add to their profile by posting their resume, projects, videos and other work allowing employers to discover fresh talent within the hospitality industry.
NEWH Career Network…students can post and view internships for free. This is a resource page for job candidates and employers/recruiters.
NEWH Magazine… industry publication (4 issues per year)