Kathryn ‘Katy’ Clark is an Interior Designer for B+H Advance Strategy. I have always been passionate that good design i…More about Kathryn Clark ›
1. What is one thing nobody would ever know about you? Casted as Ariel in Little Mermaid for school musical 2. Awards or…More about Sophia Yen ›
1.How/why did you become involved in NEWH NW? My passion for the Design industry has brought me to this organization. My co…More about Jennifer Haycox, LEED AP ›
Kathryn ‘Katy’ Clark is an Interior Designer for B+H Advance Strategy.
I have always been passionate that good design is THE driver for great experiences. Thoughtful and detail oriented design guides our interaction with and use of a space, and imparts to us a lasting memory. Hospitality Design excites me as it is the most direct way to engage with a user and create these positive impressions. Considerate, user-driven design can upgrade a date night spot to a special occasion destination or trick my brain into stepping a walk in the park up to a run. I have learned that the most successful end results are achieved through the collaboration of the teams that conceive of and build them. From ownership to general contractors to manufacturers along the way, it is important for designers to establish positive working relationships with everyone involved. Budget may be King, but attitude and perspective provide the counsel that keeps a project true to its vision.
1. What is one thing nobody would ever know about you? Casted as Ariel in Little Mermaid for school musical
2. Awards or recognitions? 3 international karate championship titles
3. Favorite caffeinated beverage? Soy caramel macchiato
4. What do you enjoy doing when you are not at work? Running, biking, skiing, (pretty much anything active), traveling and exploring new places, having lunch/dinner outings with friends
1.How/why did you become involved in NEWH NW? My passion for the Design industry has brought me to this organization. My compassion for my design clients, encourages me to be more involved and give back.
2.What are some of your favorite hotels, restaurants, and spaces in the Pacific Northwest? There are so many fabulous places in the northwest, where do I begin? I would have to say, one of my favorite places is this private Bed and Breakfast in Leavenworth,WA. A tranquil town, which reminds me of my travels around Europe.
3.If you could check into any hotel in the world, what would it be? And why? Katslauttan Artic Resort, glass igloos in Finland so I could view the Northern Lights. They are so magical and this place would be unforgettable
4. Tell us about your personal/professional background. My educational background is in biochemistry, however I hold 2 bachelor’s of science degrees from Oregon State University. One in Interior Design, the Second in Housing Studies, which encompasses real estate, construction and urban development.