As a member of the Board of Directors of NEWH, Inc. or any of its chapters, I will:
- Represent the interest of all the people served by this nonprofit and not favor special interest inside or outside the organization
- Not use the nonprofit or my service on the board for my own personal advantage or for the advantage of my friends, relatives or supporters
- Keep confidential information confidential
- Respect and support majority decisions by the board
- Approach all board issues with an open mind, prepared to make the best decisions for everyone involved
- Prior to election or appointment, disclose any personal, professional or legal matters that might reasonably cause embarrassment if subsequently associated with my NEWH leadership position, including without limitation any conviction of a felony or crime of moral turpitude, termination of employment for cause, and involuntary dismissal from a position of leadership in another nonprofit organization.
- Do nothing to violate the trust of those who elected or appointed me to the board or those served
- Focus my efforts on the mission of this nonprofit and not on my personal goals
- Never exercise authority as a board member except when acting in a meeting with the full board or as I am delegated by the board
- Consider myself a “trustee” of this nonprofit corporation and do my best to ensure that it is well maintained, financially secure, growing and always opening in the best interest of those we serve
Members of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. shall conduct themselves honorably so as to maintain the integrity of the organization. To that end, each member shall adhere to the following code of ethics:
- Each member shall hold membership in the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. as a privilege and a responsibility and shall abide by the By-Laws.
- Each member is obligated through personal and professional conduct to uphold and maintain beyond reproach the dignity of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC.
- Each member shall recognize and respect the professional standards of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. members and shall encourage the highest level of cooperation of the members.
- No member shall use the position as Officer, Director or member of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, Inc. to gain purely personal advantages in advertising, merchandising or promotion. Members are encouraged to use the initials NEWH after their names on business stationary and business announcements.
- The name NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. may be used officially only by the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. and its authorized chapters. An individual may, with the written approval of the NEWH, Inc. Board of Directors of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC., use the name of the organization in connection with the sponsorship or co-sponsorship of an industry activity.
- A member may not use the membership directory as a mailing list for commercial purposes nor permits its use by a nonmember for any purpose. NEWH mailing lists shall be available to other organizations within the Hospitality or related industries, only as approved by the NEWH, Inc. Board of Directors and are not to be used for commercial purposes. List members may request in writing that their names be deleted from any mailing list provided to another organization.
- Members who misrepresent their professional qualifications at any time will be subject to disciplinary action by the Chapter Board of Directors.
- Any conduct which is detrimental to the best interests of the NETWORK OF EXECUTIVE WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY, INC. may result in disciplinary action by the NEWH, Inc. Board of Directors.