Deadline was July 31st, 2022
What is TOP ID?
RECOGNIZING DESIGN FIRMS FOR SUPPORT AND LEADERSHIP IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY – The TopID award is a prestigious honor determined by NEWH chapter and regional boards to recognize design excellence and promote design firms engaged in supporting NEWH and its mission of scholarship and education. A firm’s custom design work in the hospitality industry, along with membership and support the firm has provided the NEWH chapter/region, is considered in the selection process. This exclusive recognition is NEWH’s way of supporting and promoting our Designer membership. Not only are firms acknowledged for their design, engagement, and generous support of their local hospitality industry, they are also celebrated internationally across the vast network of professionals in the industry!
How would your firm benefit from being named a TopID?
TopID firms will be asked to sign a consent form that allows NEWH to post their photography on the NEWH website for promotional purposes. They may also be contacted by media related for speaking opportunities, editorial comment and/or participation in events as a highly‐respected design firm. By accepting the honor of NEWH TopID, NEWH will present the list on the NEWH website and at all international events they participate in with the intent of presenting the TopID firms as the “elite” who find the perfect balance of delivering exceptional design and generous support of NEWH in the regions they are within. NEWH encourages members and industry professionals to utilize this list when in need of a design leader for their projects or expert advice within their companies or events.
Minimum Criteria (required)
- Current Membership: one person within the local firm must be a current voting member in good standing with NEWH (if you are unsure of a member’s status please contact email@example.com for confirmation)
- Update for 2023: Minimum of 3 custom hospitality projects* completed by the local firm within the 30‐month period prior to nomination (January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022) with 150-word written narrative describing the projects’ unique design elements/attributes that make the project distinct in the industry today (*custom projects are non-program work where designs are not pre-determined by a brand)
- Update for 2023: Projects submitted with the nomination must be professionally photographed and submitted with your nomination (minimum 300 dpi resolution jpeg or tif file format). You will be contacted by your local chapter/regional board for instructions on how to submit your photographs (1 professional photograph required for each of your 3 projects submitted).
- Firm must have an accessible website
Judging takes into consideration the number of NEWH members in the design firm and type of membership held, local NEWH event attendance, leadership/board positions held in local chapter/region, and number of awards and publications of custom hospitality projects received by your local firm.
- The nomination form will Time Out in approximately two hours if not submitted and any information entered will be lost. Please allow time to complete this form.
- If your firm has multiple locations, only information related to the local firm in the chapter region is qualified for submission.