Established in 1997, JL Furnishings (JLF) and its sister company, Lone Meadow are regarded as one of the leading manufacturers of luxury seating and fine tables. The company successfully weds innovative product design with sustainable manufacturing practices, while continuing to improve and enhance comfort and quality. JLF / Lone Meadow’s approach to custom seating is setting the standard for high quality manufacturing for Four Star and Five Star hotel and destination resort properties in major markets world-wide. JLF is proud of its distinctive portfolio and its reputation.
Being fully integrated, JLF is one of a handful of American crafted milling specialists that finish and upholster all of its furniture. JLF takes pride in their four North American production facilities employing local skilled labor from their nearly 240,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space.
Lone Meadow Sustainability Statement…
From start to finish, all Lone Meadow products reflect our commitment to responsible manufacturing practices, where we pursue a balance with nature and resource consumption. We continue to seek to minimize our environmental footprint on a step by step basis while closely monitoring triple bottom line principles. Recognizing that furniture manufacturing requires resource consumption, we have been re-assessing our entire flow of materials since 2005, while maintaining our commitment to American materials and labor.
Our achievements include:
- All hardwood frames are made from lumber from SFI certified North American forests, and all frames are finished using water-based materials meeting the strictest of VOC emissions.
- Foam cushioning from a recycled foam core that eliminates the concern of VOC emissions associated with virgin polyurethane foam. Lone Meadow’s unique foam core can meet all industry standards for fire codes.
- Lone Meadow has been at the forefront of sustainable textile use in the hospitality industry and can assist in the sourcing of eco-friendly covers.
- Every piece of Lone Meadow furniture is made right here in the U.S. and always has been. Our operations support local skilled labor, which is critical to the restoration of domestic manufacturing, fundamental to preserving the diversity of the domestic workplace.
- A portion of all profits are donated to the Nature Conservancy as an effort to preserve nature’s splendor for all future generations.
Valley Forge Fabrics is the hospitality leader in sustainable textiles, the largest producer of decorative fabrics for the industry, and was honored to be the recipient of Hospitality Design’s 2011 Earth-Minded Award in the Product Category.
Our award winning collections include upholsteries and draperies made with 100% Post Consumer Recycled Polyester as well as the finest linens made from Eucalyptus. At all levels of our company, we pay close and consistent attention to the environment. Valley Forge Fabrics became one of only forty six companies in the USA, and the only company in the lodging industry, committed to reducing our impact on the global environment by participating in the Federal Supplier Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Inventory Pilot with the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) this past year.
As part of our journey, Valley Forge co-presidents, Diana Dobin and Michael Dobin were invited to present our sustainability initiatives in our nation’s capital by the Executive Office of the President.
Valley Forge is a founding member of the Hospitality Sustainable Purchasing Consortium (HSPC), who together with a group of hotel industry leaders represent brands, owners, suppliers, architecture and design firms, purchasing companies, logistics firms, the USGBC and sustainability experts who work collaboratively to green the supply chain for hotels.