Sustainable Mission Statement
Service Providers — Architecture, Interior Design, and Procurement
- Do you offer any education to your staff regarding issues related to sustainable hospitality design? CEU credits for LEED Certification, for example.
- Do you have experience in sustainable hospitality project (s) procurement?
- Do you market your firm as having experience in sustainable design?
- Have you created a "green" library that distinguishes hospitality products and services for their environmental commitment?
- Have you hired any employees with degrees specializing in sustainable architecture or design or similar?
- Do you integrate sustainable solutions in your hospitality projects regardless of their environmental interest?
- Do you have baseline sustainable design or procurement standards for all projects whether or not they are identified as "green" projects?
- Do you specify products with Green Cleaning and Maintenance standards as part of your designs?
List any sustainable hospitality projects (not restricted to LEED) that you are or have designed or purchased:
Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center (LEED Gold), the Nines - Portland OR (LEED Silver, architecture services only), Courtyard Denver Downtown, SpringHill Suites Oceanside CA (LEED Silver Target, interiors services only), Pearl Residence Inn Portland OR (LEED Silver Target), Denver International Airport Marriott
What percentage of your staff has received LEED or Green Globes Credentials?
- 1/4 or less
- 3/4 or greater
- Has your firm implemented an internal sustainable operation policies including recycling, energy use, indoor environmental quality, environmental preferable purchasing, etc. that would inspire a potential hospitality client to adopt better environmental measures?
- Does your firm integrate energy efficiency as part of your design decision process?
- Does your firm integrate water efficiency as part of your design decision?
- Does your firm consider recycled content as part of your design decision process for all your projects?
- Does your firm incorporate low emitting material, adhesives, stains and paints in all your specifications/purchase orders?
- Do you encourage your clients to implement recycling programs and specify/purchase recycling systems?
- Does your firm utilize IAQ best management practices?
- Does your firm integrate occupant comfort principles including natural light, lighting control and thermal comfort into your designs?
Please list any other kinds "green" design principles your firm utilizes:
View our full Sustainability Action Plan at: http://serapdx.com/wp-content/uploads/Sustainability-Action-Plan_2013_Web.pdf